Treatment of Gum Disease
Periodontal disease is a chronic and serious inflammation and infection of the gums that also has the ability to affect the bone that supports your teeth. There are various stages to gum infection and disease as gum infections progress and become more serious treatments become more involved.
Common signs of gum disease include:
- red, swollen, tender, painful or bleeding gums
- gums that have shrunk from teeth
- persistent bad breath or bad taste in the mouth
- abscesses between teeth and gums
- changes in tooth positions, appearance of gaps and loose teeth
- the fit of a denture has changed
At Maven Dental Newcastle, formerly Newcastle Dental Laser Centre, we believe prevention and early detection of gum disease is key to ensuring successful treatment. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, please contact the friendly staff at Maven Dental Newcastle to arrange an appointment.